Sunday 16 November 2014

Wonderful Internet Finds: TED Videos

I have a plethora of links that I've bookmarked in my browsers from wonderful things I find on the internet. They vary from lifestyle blogs to Buzzfeed links to makeup tutorials to how an amateur can improve their photography game - the list is endless. What I've noticed recently is that I have a bunch of wonderful internet finds that I forgot even existed and I refuse for them to get lost in the depths of the internet so I'm going to start a new blog category where I share a few of these things.

I'll start with my favourite TED: Ideas Worth Spreading videos. I'm yet to find a TED video that is less than intriguing and doesn't provoke deeper thinking so my first recommendation would be to go to the TED website and watch whatever your cursor lands on first. However, if you need a kick start, here are four videos that I love:


This is the number one TED talk to currently exist, and greatly altered the way I communicate when I speak and share stories. "People don't buy what you do; they buy why you do it, and what you do simply serves as the proof of what you believe."



2. Ziauddin Yousafzai: My daughter, Malala
The father of an iconic figure, Malala Yousafzai who fights for the rights of children and women, talks of patriarchal society in developing countries, the effects of 'Talibanisation' and the power of education.



3. Kakenya Ntaiya: A girl who demanded school
An incredibly brave woman who agreed to undergo a traditional Maasai rite of  passage of female circumcision as a condition to allow her to attend high school. She talks of her journey for higher education and how her story has influenced and changed the lives of many from creating a school in her community.



4. Monique Coleman: The Path to Purpose
Feel free to skip the first six minutes of this talk, as she gets to the meaningful conversation after this. Monique discusses service as a path to purpose and how young people can truly make a difference. "The first act of service is recognising the intention to serve, acknowledging the burning desire to do something bigger than yourself and to make a difference in the world"



I hope you find great sources of inspiration within TED talks, the four that I've linked are only to get you started. From these, my eyes have been opened to truly incredible people who have lifetimes worth of stories and knowledge to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment